Top 25 Quotes on Having a Positive Attitude
Having a positive attitude is something that can get us through even the most difficult times. If we can keep our head up, and fundamentally believe in ourselves and others, great things can be accomplished. With a positive attitude, we will have better relationships, better work life, and a better work-life balance. Here is a little inspiration on maintaining a positive attitude each day.
- “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” ― Walt Whitman
- “I do not believe in taking the right decision, I take a decision and make it right.” ― Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- “It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters,” ― Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations
- “Life is a bowl of cherries. Some cherries are rotten while others are good; its your job to throw out the rotten ones and forget about them while you enjoy eating the ones that are good! There are two kinds of people: those who choose to throw out the good cherries and wallow in all the rotten ones, and those who choose to throw out all the rotten ones and savor all the good ones.” ― C. JoyBell C.
- “There is a magnificent, beautiful, wonderful painting in front of you! It is intricate, detailed, a painstaking labor of devotion and love! The colors are like no other, they swim and leap, they trickle and embellish! And yet you choose to fixate your eyes on the small fly which has landed on it! Why do you do such a thing?” ― C. JoyBell C.
- “When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “Life is like a game of chess.
To win you have to make a move.
Knowing which move to make comes with IN-SIGHT
and knowledge, and by learning the lessons that are
acculated along the way.
- We become each and every piece within the game called life!” ― Allan Rufus, The Master’s Sacred Knowledge
- “If you can quit, quit. If you can’t quit, stop complaining – this is what you chose.” ― J.A. Konrath
- “What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficulty, and every difficulty has an opportunity.” ― J. Sidlow Baxter
- “Life is like a sandwich!
Birth as one slice,
and death as the other.
What you put in-between
the slices is up to you.
Is your sandwich tasty or sour?
― Allan Rufus
- “Cultivate an optimistic mind, use your imagination, always consider alternatives, and dare to believe that you can make possible what others think is impossible.” ― Rodolfo Costa, Advice My Parents Gave Me: and Other Lessons I Learned from My Mistakes
- “Believing in negative thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success.” ― Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life
- “Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome,” ― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
- “Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.” ― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
- “Our beliefs about what we are and what we can be precisely determine what we can be” ― Anthony Robbins
- “A positive attitude is most easily arrived at through a deliberate and rational analysis of what’s required to manifest unwavering positive thought patterns. First, reflect on the actual, present condition of your mind. In other words, is the mind positive or not? We’ve all met individuals who perceive themselves as positive people but don’t appear as such. Since the mind is both invisible and intangible, it’s therefore easier to see the accurate characteristics of the mind through a person’s words, deeds, and posture.
For example, if we say, “It’s absolutely freezing today! I’ll probably catch a cold before the end of the day!” then our words expose a negative attitude. But if we say, “The temperature is very cold” (a simple statement of fact), then our expressions, and therefore attitude, are not negative. Sustaining an alert state in which self-awareness becomes possible gives us a chance to discover the origins of negativity. In doing so, we also have an opportunity to arrive at a state of positiveness, so that our words and deeds are also positive, making others feel comfortable, cheerful, and inspired.” ― H.E. Davey
- “Attitude Is Everything
We live in a culture that is blind to betrayal and intolerant of emotional pain. In New Age crowds here on the West Coast, where your attitude is considered the sole determinant of the impact an event has on you, it gets even worse.In these New Thought circles, no matter what happens to you, it is assumed that you have created your own reality. Not only have you chosen the event, no matter how horrible, for your personal growth. You also chose how you interpret what happened—as if there are no interpersonal facts, only interpretations.
The upshot of this perspective is that your suffering would vanish if only you adopted a more evolved perspective and stopped feeling aggrieved. I was often kindly reminded (and believed it myself), “there are no victims.” How can you be a victim when you are responsible for your circumstances?
When you most need validation and support to get through the worst pain of your life, to be confronted with the well-meaning, but quasi-religious fervor of these insidious half-truths can be deeply demoralizing. This kind of advice feeds guilt and shame, inhibits grieving, encourages grandiosity and can drive you to be alone to shield your vulnerability.” ― Sandra Lee Dennis
- “Always strive to aim for the highest peak of the goals in life you have set, this way if you manage to reach even half way toward a goal, landing in the middle is not such a bad place to end up.” ― Victoria Addino
- “First steps are always the hardest but until they are taken the notion of progress remains only a notion and not an achievement.” ― Aberjhani, Illuminated Corners: Collected Essays and Articles Volume I.
- “I will always find a way and a way will always find me.” ― Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life
- “Life is full of surprises, so you may as well get used to it.” ― Susan Meddaugh, Cinderella’s Rat
24.”Don’t hang with negative people. They will pull you down with them. Instead, invite them into your light and together you will both shine strong.” ― L.F. Young
- “I told Ella Mae Cheeks Johnson, then age 105, that she was the only person over 80 who I’d ever met who never referred to her physical infirmities or health problems. To which she replied, “I have my difficulties; I do not rejoice in them.”
― Patricia Mulcahy, It Is Well with My Soul: The Extraordinary Life of a 106-Year-Old Woman
Author Bio :
Dr. Nikki Martinez received her Masters and her Doctorate from Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and completed her pre-doctoral and post-doctoral fellowship at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, Illinois. Head of Clinical Development for www.drnikkimartinez.com/. She is an Adjunct Professor for a graduate programs, a Blogger for the Huffington Post, lead contributor to Everyday Power Blog, Older Dating, Success Stories, All Love Women’s Talk, Sivana Spirit, Proud Stories, and a Contributor to the Chicago Tribune. She just published her 8th book through Amazon.com.
Nicole Martinez, Psy.D., LCPC
Website: www. DrNikkiMartinez.com