40th Richest Person in the World Paul Allen Quotes & Sayings
Find the famous quotes collection American business magnate, investor and philanthropist who is best known as the co-founder of Microsoft Paul Allen.
- I enjoy creating new ideas, working on new creative projects.
- In my own work, I’ve tried to anticipate what’s coming over the horizon, to hasten its arrival, and to apply it to people’s lives in a meaningful way.
- I grew up around books. When I first held the book and it was a substantive, tangible thing, and I thought of all the work that went into it, not just my work but everybody else’s and the research and so forth, there’s a sense of really have done something worthwhile.
- In the computer industry, you’ve got an interdisciplinary team of people who can come together, attack the problem, and work in a collaborative style. You knock down one problem after another, cobble things together, and then hopefully turn the crank at some point.
- Even before I helped to co-found Microsoft, I saw a connected future . . . I called that future The Wired World.
- In the first eight or so years at Microsoft, we were always chained to our terminals, and after I got sick the first time, I decided that I was going to be more adventurous and explore more of the world.
- For the most part, the best opportunities now lie where your competitors have yet to establish themselves, not where they’re already entrenched. Microsoft is struggling to adapt to that new reality.
- You look at things you enjoy in your life, but much more important is what you can do to make the world a better place.
- You’ve got to enjoy time with your family and friends, and if you’re involved in sports franchises, those peak moments in playoff games. You have to enjoy life.
- Technology is notorious for engrossing people so much that they don’t always focus on balance and enjoy life at the same time.
- That would be such a life-changing thing, for us all to know that there are other beings out there who we could potentially communicate with, or maybe we are listening to a signal that they transmitted hundreds of millennia ago.
- We’ve had some tough times, but we’ve hung in the
- I’m a very private person that prefers a low profile.
- In a company where tech decisions were still ultracentralized, the repercussions of a distracted CEO had to be damaging.
- Any crusade requires optimism and the ambition to aim high
- The possible is constantly being redefined, and I care deeply about helping humanity move forward.
- I am very excited to be supporting one of the world’s most visionary efforts to seek basic answers to some of the fundamental question about our universe and what other civilisations may exist elsewhere.”