Chairman of Safra National Bank of New York Joseph Safra Quotes
Find popular quotes collection by chairman of all Safra companies Joseph Safra.
- A man’s most open actions have a secret side to them.
- Going home must be like going to render an account.
- To have his path made clear for him is the aspiration of every human being in our beclouded and tempestuous existence.
- Don’t you forget what’s divine in the Russian soul and that’s resignation.
- Criticism, that fine flower of personal expression in the garden of letters.
- Any work that aspires, however humbly, to the condition of art should carry its justification in every line.
- It is respectable to have no illusions, and safe, and profitable and dull.
- A modern fleet of ships does not so much make use of the sea as exploit a highway.
- I had ambition not only to go farther than any man had ever been before, but as far as it was possible for a man to go.
- This magnificent butterfly finds a little heap of dirt and sits still on it; but man will never on his heap of mud keep still.
- Only in men’s imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme
- The sea – this truth must be confessed – has no generosity. No display of manly qualities – courage, hardihood, endurance, faithfulness – has ever been known to touch its irresponsible
- You shall judge a man by his foes as well as by his friends.
- The sea has never been friendly to man. At most it has been the accomplice of human restlessness.
- Action is consolatory. It is the enemy of thought and the friend of flattering illusions.
- As in political so in literary action a man wins friends for himself mostly by the passion of his prejudices and the consistent narrowness of his outlook.
- A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth.
- Truth of a modest sort I can promise you, and also sincerity. That complete, praiseworthy sincerity which, while it delivers one into the hands of one’s enemies, is as likely as not to embroil one with one’s friends.