Being a teacher himself, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam realized the important responsibility all teachers had not only to their students and to the
subjects they specialized in, but also to the more higher purpose of unbiased knowledge and the development of an honest and strong personality.
A teacher should be able to bring out the best in a person, not only academically but also on a personality basis. Since education is not just limited to books, Kalam believed that a teacher should be able to make a human being who is powered by knowledge and learning. Some quotes in this regard are:
“Teaching is a noble profession that shapes the character, caliber and future of an individual. If people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honour to me”.
“Your best teacher is your last mistake”.
“A teacher has to create a lifelong autonomous learner”.
4. “Give me a child for seven years, afterwards, let the God or the devil take the child, they cannot change the child”.
5. “I believe there is no other profession in the world that is more important to society than that of a teacher”.
6. “Teachers are the backbone of any country, the pillar upon which all aspirations are converted into realities”.
7. “Learning needs freedom to think and freedom to imagine, and both have to be facilitated by the teacher”.
8. “A good teacher, with meticulous planning, prepares himself for teaching and the student for acquisition of knowledge”.
9. “Teachers have a great mission to ignite the minds of the young”.
10. “Teachers should be the best minds in the country”.
11. “A teacher has to create a lifelong autonomous learner”.
12. “The role of the teacher is like the proverbial ‘ladder’, it is used by everyone to climb up in life, but the ladder itself stays in its place”.
13.” A teacher’s life lights many lamps”.
14. “Teachers must be perpetual seekers of intellectual integrity and universal compassion”.
15. “The purpose of teaching is to create nation building capacities in students”.
16. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough”.